How can I manage or bring back my child's sweet side.because i am currently working as a Nanny/yaya 100 miles away from my child...I'm a singlemom so I have to provide everything for him.I have seen a lot of changes each time I come home to see him..when his told to wash up before going to sleep he will not follow.if he doesn't want to go to school he will not go..it makes me feel so guilty,though,I have to do this for him.please help me.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Oh, mommy. Please don't feel too bad. I can tell you're doing all the you can to provide well for your child. Sino po ang nag-aalaga sa anak ninyo? I think what would helpl is to agree on the best method of discipline para sa anak mo. Sa aking experience, reward system works. I have a three-year-old who's almost 4. When she doesn't want to do something, like get up to go to school, we remind her about the great things about school ("Don't you want to play with your classmates? Don't you want to do arts and crafts with Teacher?"). Find out what your kid loves to do or would love to have and you can bribe him with that. Ang sama nga namin kasi tablet ang pang-bribe na ginagamit namin - for instance, we'd give my daughter some tablet time whenever she uses the potty to pee or poop - it's our way of potty training her and it seems to work. Also, do your best to stay positive and enthusiastic - and your child's caregiver should, too. Wag magalit or maubusan ng pasensya, kasi kids feed off of our moods. Atsaka, kung ayaw ng anak mo pumunta ng school, find out na rin kung bakit. Baka naman may nang-aaway sa kanya doon or walang gustong makipag-laro sa kanya. Whatever it is, find out and do your best to remedy it. And last, always reassure your child that he is loved and that he is always in your thoughts, and that you will do your best to always be there for him - maski na hanggang video calls at text lang ang kaya mo. Buti nga may technology to help us stay connected even when we're not physically together. I hope what I've said helps.

Magbasa pa

I can feel for you, but please do not be sad and pull yourself up. This may be your child's way of showing his displeasure of you not being around. He must be missing you and he doesn't know how to express it. I think talk toyour child if there is no other option of taking him with you. Let him know that you are dealing with hard times and you need his support. Make him party to your life to what you are going through. Yes, do not burden his innocent mind with details that may upset him but let him know that you also miss him the same way he does, and there are times when you long to meet him and cry. Let him know that you both are on the same page. Seek his help. Tell him that you want him to help her in passing these hard days and help in bringing good times. If you both will work together, times will be good. Tell him if he will be happy and listen to mumma and study well, you can concentrate on your work well and may be you both can be together.

Magbasa pa

Hi, These are the problems that mums who stay with kids also face but yes, you must have noticed his different behaviour and you are anxious. I think, all this no doubt is happening because of his frustration of you not being around. I suggest, firstly never try to get gifts to fill up your guilt. That may make you and him good for a while but that will spoil his psyche. Secondly, when you are home, spend as much time with him and try to tell him in a baby way why you are out and cannot stay together. When you have to do something and have no other option the best way is to be honest be with your children no matter how small or big they are. This way, they will atleast try to understand what you are saying which otherwise they wouldn't have any idea about.

Magbasa pa

Are you able to do video calls with him? When you get home also, try to bring some pasalubong especially the toys that he sees on Cartoon Network advertisement. When you're with him on holidays or your days off, spend most of your time with him. Go out and hang out in malls and amusement parks.