How can I manage or bring back my child's sweet side.because i am currently working as a Nanny/yaya 100 miles away from my child...I'm a singlemom so I have to provide everything for him.I have seen a lot of changes each time I come home to see him..when his told to wash up before going to sleep he will not follow.if he doesn't want to go to school he will not go..it makes me feel so guilty,though,I have to do this for him.please help me.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Hi, These are the problems that mums who stay with kids also face but yes, you must have noticed his different behaviour and you are anxious. I think, all this no doubt is happening because of his frustration of you not being around. I suggest, firstly never try to get gifts to fill up your guilt. That may make you and him good for a while but that will spoil his psyche. Secondly, when you are home, spend as much time with him and try to tell him in a baby way why you are out and cannot stay together. When you have to do something and have no other option the best way is to be honest be with your children no matter how small or big they are. This way, they will atleast try to understand what you are saying which otherwise they wouldn't have any idea about.

Magbasa pa