How can I manage or bring back my child's sweet side.because i am currently working as a Nanny/yaya 100 miles away from my child...I'm a singlemom so I have to provide everything for him.I have seen a lot of changes each time I come home to see him..when his told to wash up before going to sleep he will not follow.if he doesn't want to go to school he will not go..it makes me feel so guilty,though,I have to do this for him.please help me.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Oh, mommy. Please don't feel too bad. I can tell you're doing all the you can to provide well for your child. Sino po ang nag-aalaga sa anak ninyo? I think what would helpl is to agree on the best method of discipline para sa anak mo. Sa aking experience, reward system works. I have a three-year-old who's almost 4. When she doesn't want to do something, like get up to go to school, we remind her about the great things about school ("Don't you want to play with your classmates? Don't you want to do arts and crafts with Teacher?"). Find out what your kid loves to do or would love to have and you can bribe him with that. Ang sama nga namin kasi tablet ang pang-bribe na ginagamit namin - for instance, we'd give my daughter some tablet time whenever she uses the potty to pee or poop - it's our way of potty training her and it seems to work. Also, do your best to stay positive and enthusiastic - and your child's caregiver should, too. Wag magalit or maubusan ng pasensya, kasi kids feed off of our moods. Atsaka, kung ayaw ng anak mo pumunta ng school, find out na rin kung bakit. Baka naman may nang-aaway sa kanya doon or walang gustong makipag-laro sa kanya. Whatever it is, find out and do your best to remedy it. And last, always reassure your child that he is loved and that he is always in your thoughts, and that you will do your best to always be there for him - maski na hanggang video calls at text lang ang kaya mo. Buti nga may technology to help us stay connected even when we're not physically together. I hope what I've said helps.

Magbasa pa