?

How do you deal with baby that cry once we put them down on bed?

16 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Depends on how old baby is. The reason baby cries is probably from insecurity/fear. For newborns, swaddling can help them feel more secure. It’s difficult to do sleep training on newborns, so I would pick baby back up immediately to comfort. Recommendations for sleep training usually start from about 3 months, although you can try establishing a nap/bedtime routine from 6 weeks to 2 months. For sleep training, there’re many methods. If you can tolerate some crying, then give baby a couple of minutes to try to self soothe, or you can try patting/talking to baby. When putting baby to bed, try doing so when baby’s drowsy but awake (stay there with baby, can pat/sing), so they’ll learn to fall asleep on their own, and there also isn’t a sudden shock of realisation that you’re gone when they wake up.

Read more

Use carrier? Or start to slowly train. Depends on age of your child. If newborn, I’ll try to soothe without carrying them up - speak to them in calm voice, pat them. Meanwhile also try not to carry babies to sleep - put them down when they are falling asleep - then they go to sleep on their own and not depend on your carrying / rocking For older babies, actually also the same. Hahaha

Read more
VIP Member

If newborn or below 6 months, is ok. My baby did that all the time and she's 3 months, I will often carry her or put her in my arms and sleep together.

VIP Member

Its difficult but bare with the crying and don't give in. Sing to bb, pat bb, talk to bb but just don't carry, don't give it. Let bb be use to it.

Super Mum

Try yaolan or rocker. Or not, you need to wait for them to be in deep sleep then can put down.

VIP Member

depends how old the baby. i will just soothe her w pacifier and she will sleep back

Super Mum

Usually I will pick up baby and pat baby more . Walk around and carry baby more

Super Mum

Depending on how old baby is. If is newborn, is OK to carry the baby.

Let the baby sleep longer before putting down on bed. Use pacifier.

Stay with them and sing or talk Also pat them