Baby Not Sleeping

My 6 weeks old baby did not sleep since 6am till 2pm. She will cry once I put her down. What should I do?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

At this stage, she's still really new to the world - something we call the 4th trimester :) Basically, just imagine being in a warm, comfy and dark environment for 9 months being fed and sleeping whenever you want to, but suddenly being brought into a bright, noisy environment with a ton of space that you never thought possible - that's why most babies can get "clingy" to their mums simply because we're the closest thing they know and are familiar with. There are many reasons like what others have shared, but you could try things like bedtime routine, dimming the lights as the day gets over, white noises and keeping stimulations (toys, light, sounds) away from her close to bedtime!

Read more

Is her routine for milk feed normal or lesser? Are you the main caretaker or someone else? Maybe can monitor if any loud noise around her during the time that she is awake or if too glaring for her to sleep? If she has been bathed, diapers/nappy changed, and fed the milk intake per her age group, her cot not too cramped with baby items, play her some soft music or pat lightly to reassure her as you put her down. Do ensure the fabrics in her cot are washed regularly, and use suitable cot padding so baby won't be in contact with any hard or sharp edges. If she is still crying, do bring her to a gynae for further checks. All the best!

Read more
VIP Member

Did you feed, bath and change her? Sometimes, it could be because she’s hot, hungry or her diapers need change. If you’ve checked and she’s still crying, possibly she’s unwell or seeking attention.if she’s unwell, please bring her to see a doctor. If it’s the latter, suggest you put her down and try to pat her to sleep. Otherwise, she’s going to ‘demand’ your constant carrying and it’s going to be tough for you.

Read more
VIP Member

Try to have a soothing lullaby background music to make your LO relax, give a patpat. Try to differentiate the sleeping in day time (not in a dark environment) & night time (dark environment).

my 3 yo girl used to wake up every night between 2am to 4am and cried. ever since i bought the platinum quilt from AmLife, she has slept well until the next morning.

VIP Member

oh no.. try baby wearing her to put her to sleep? is she having colic? if so, try applying ruyiyou!

VIP Member

Same, end up she sleep soundly on my chest then I lay her down beside me and pat her.

VIP Member

Me too same situation but baby is only 3 weeks

try giving bb pacifier