7 month LO fell down from storagr bed

My 7 month old fell down from storage bed to the floor that is hard.. we never put any carpet or playmat so she fell so hard especially head.. starting she cry for 30mins.. now she quite calm down.. Im such a bad mom who let her baby roll over and fall without noticing.. what should I look out or do? She sleepy right now.

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

im as guilty too mummy, dont blame yourself.❤ My firstborn also fell off the bed a few times cuz he was such an adventurous curious baby.🤦🏻‍♀️ once he even fell over the barrier head down that was attached to my storage bed cuz he could stand up. He cried definitely, and we paniked too at first. but most importantly had to stay calm, observe any difference with baby behaviour or vomitting etc. Pupils got any indifference in size, pupils response to light will constrict etc.. Anyway, he turned out fine, he cried so much got tired and latched to sleep (monitored him closely make sure his breathing normal lol) and after nap he was back to normal self and throughout the night checked on him. so we decided no need see doctor after that. Youve got this mama. ❤

Read more

You’re not a bad mom!! Accidents happen and we underestimated how our babies move so quickly when we turned our backs for 1 second. My babygirl fell from our bed twice - first she was face up (i had fallen asleep cause was too tired) & second was face down and had a bruise on forehead (i turned to take something from my drawer). She only cried for a while and then I BF her. Nonetheless, we went to the A&E on both occassions and luckily she’s fine. Doctor mentioned that if baby fall from anywhere that is below their height, they’re ok. Just monitor that baby is still feeding normally, responds to you, frequent diaper change, and is not always sleepy. You can see a PD or go to the A&E just to get a peace of mind.

Read more

I understand how you feel being a mom.. After a few times when my baby(1 year 1month) fall on the floor, she looks normal eating playing and sleep well untill that one fine day evening during showering my baby, i feel her head soft(sculp). That when we send her to a&e and the result was its hematoma and fracture. Admission within 24 hours. My heart suddenly stop when sees the x-ray result. Keep blaming myself. No mom in this world want such things to happen their little precious. Be strong mummy.. Keep monitor you little one and if there's any stranger straight bring to hospital as we cannot see what happen to its internal.

Read more
2y ago

after x-ray done, need to be admitted 1day for observation just to ensure if my child can eat well without vomiting.. so far doing well. no surgery needed. perhaps baby heals fast..

thank you mummies for the kind words and assurrance. I still feel so bad towards my daughter. Till now I cant stop thinking about that. I should have put her at her cot after change her diapers instead I turn my back and do something. I having mom guilt right now! 😔

Monitor your baby for any unusual behavior, signs of distress, or changes in sleep patterns. If concerned, consult a healthcare professional for guidance on potential signs of injury or any necessary precautions. visit on http://cookape.org/.

VIP Member

accidents do happen. its okay. but u might want to consider placing on mattress instead of bed. or buy bed guard to install onto your bed.

Super Mum

What was the height? Look out for unusual persistent drowsiness/lethargy or irritability, vomiting, abnormal body movements/lack of movements

3y ago

thank you mummy!

Don’t worry mummy! Don’t blame yourself!

Don't blame yourself