Hi mummies, when i pat my LO to sleep, I will either put her down on bed or mat. 5-10 mins later, she will wake up. Likewise, if i use a baby carrier and put her down, she will scream at the top of her voice and gets really cranky. This is frustrating as I can't do any housework. Any mummies encounter this and how to deal with it?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi how old is your baby? Although it sounds very impossible now but as your baby gets older the sleeping will be better! Just have to hang in there for 3 months. My gal has sleeping problems initially too. There was no way she could nap for more than 10mins on bed , on rocker or anywhere except if she is on my chest or in the carrier. She gets startled and wakes easily and has a hard time falling asleep. It was really depressing for me that time and I have to take turns with my mom to carry her all day. Using a yaolan (electric cradle) did help so you should consider getting one . Have you also tried to swaddle her tightly? Another option is let her sleep on her tummy? I did that for a few times and my gal can nap Abit longer. But most of the time in those first few months my gal was always in the carrier and housework etc I have to seek other family members help for the being. But trust me it gets better!

Read more
8y ago

My LO is 4 months. Previously she can sleep 2 hrs or more but suddenly her sleeping time change. She eat, poo and drink milk well. I just couldn't find what's wrong

Perfectly normal. Simple reason, baby fell aslwep in your arms. Naturally thats how baby would expect to fall asleep again if awaken. So you may want to try adjusting and outting baby down when baby is drowsy half way to falling asleep. You need to teach baby to self soothe.

It happened to me for my first child. Me and my mum took turn to carry her to sleep. but it was really tiring, especially at night. End up I gave her pacifier and put her in those electric cradle and she can sleep at least 4-5 hours during the day.

My boy used to be like that when he turned 1 month and.i.had to babywear him all day so that I can do my chores. Suddenly when he turn 3 months recently he is able to sleep without me wearing him. I wonder whether is it just a phase!

VIP Member

Your child has developed a sleep association which you have inadvertently introduced by patting and cuddling her to sleep. You need to teach her independent sleep techniques so that she can self settle to sleep without your assistance.

8y ago

Grace, no parents will tell you that they don't mind hearing their babies cry. None of us like to hear them cry but crying is a form of communication for our babies. I always tell my clients that protest cry is something we can't help but cope with because when we change a habit that our baby is so used to, they will be sure to protest to express their displeasure. It's important to get them into a schedule first though to make sure we don't ignore their hunger or discomfort cries. That's why ro

You may want to get Zoe (SG Supernanny) to help you on sleep training! Without her, my boy would still be waking up countless times in the night and be sleep deprived!

Happen to me all the time. i use pacifier to comfort her. :(

8y ago

Mine doesn't want pacifier that much. Headache 😩

VIP Member

have you considered a yao lan?