stomach size

Currently now im 37th weeks and i have a friend who is at 36th weeks but her stomach is bigger than mine. We are at the same height and size too. Her husband isnt very tall but mine is. Should i be worried? I dont usually eat unnecessarily, i dont have cravings. I eat when im hungry. Gynae mentioned that my baby's weight is of a normal range. I feel abit jealous that her stomach is bigger than mine, looks nicer :(

26 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As a FTM, i dun really bother nor get jealous abt hw big or small my bump is. Instead, im enjyin my beautiful bump and preganancy bcz a happy mummy wil haf a happy baby. Dun get jealous n love your bump cz if baby is normal then its ok. Every pregnancy is different. Tis is bcz at the end of the day ur tummy will shrink back to nomal faster than those who has a bigger n nicer bump. Try nt to go on hunger nt gd for the baby n haf snacks in between. dun worry so lng as u dun overeat, haf a healthier choice snacks n regular exercise, u b fine. Do readings whenever you can bcz it does help to clear ur worries and b mre knwleagable too. jiayou.

Read more

Had the same worry when I had my kid as my stomach ain't big at all for a 38 week. Asked the doctor and was advised that there's nothing to worry about the size as it is dependent on the belly muscles and back bone. If you've regularly been active (walking, sports, etc) before expecting, then do expect a smaller stomach cause the stomach doesn't stretches so easily and recovery from pregnancy stretch and stretch marks is way faster. 😉 My belly went back to pre-pregnancy stage within the month I gave birth.

Read more
Super Mum

My tummy wasn't very big all the way until the end also. First pregnancies will always be smaller than subsequent ones though. As long as your baby is healthy weight there's nothing to worry about 😊 most people are more worried about the extra weight they need to shed post pregnancy haha

My gynae says its normal... everyone's body length and width of body frame is different. Therefore the protuding growth difference as well. As long during gynae scan everything is growing well is totally fine. Dont worry so much and enjoy your journey

Super Mum

Hi mummy, don't worry! Mine wasn't big too and people don't even notice I'm pregnant even when I'm about to give birth. There are pros and cons of having a small tummy! U won't have stretch marks and u get back to pre-pregnancy weight much faster!

VIP Member

I would prefer smaller belly as don't need purposely look or buy maternity wear. In fact can just wear your usual normal wearing! Save cost!! Also, do remember that so long baby is healthy and growing at normal stage, then is good enough! :)

Super Mum

Please don’t worry about the size of your stomach. As long as baby is growing well, it’s fine. Think of it this way, you’ll probably experience less sagging skin and stretch marks with a smaller tummy!

Hihi... please don’t jealous of the bb bumb... cuz end of the delivery smaller stomach will resume back faster then big stomach and doesn’t mean that big stomach bb is big...

Dont compare....just be urself. So long as baby is healthy and of normal weight range, dont think too much about unnecessary things. Will cause stress only

VIP Member

Don’t worry it’s normal cause every pregnancy is different. Importantly, you must not skip meal & as long as gynae say ok, it’s ok. Jiayou !