21 weeks pregnant, but still does not feel baby movement

Hi, im 21 weeks pregnant. Im a little bit anxious because i have yet to feel the baby kicking (or maybe i do?). Hahah. I have sometimes felt fluttering feeling or kind of like bubble popping in my stomach, but im not sure if that’s how it feels when baby is kicking. Sometimes i do feel sudden pain and sometimes i dont at all (that’s when i became worried if anything bad is happening). Maybe i overthink a lot, but these little thoughts worried me always. I even have this mindset that it’s better to feel something (cramps etc) rather than nothing at all. I dont know if im making sense. Hahah. But anyway, issit normal to be feeing like this?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Don't worry too much about it. I'm a ftm and didn't know how the kicks felt until I was about 24 weeks or so? Prior to that I only felt slight "zapping" pressure on my vaginal area and when I went to scan doctor told me baby in breech position. So the pressured feeling at my vaginal area might be the baby kicks for the past few weeks. I'm at 36 weeks now, baby eventually turned and now at times the kicks will literally make me shout cause it hurts. 😂 Don't worry too much, the obvious kicks will come sooner than u think. 😉

Read more
Super Mum

It is all normal. Hugs. Fluttering and bubble popping is early signs of baby movement. Not always can feel the kick so easily so early. Try to relax as anxiety can affect baby emotions also! When you reach around 30 weeks, you may wish baby don’t kick so hard! Hahaha

Read more

i have anterior placenta and i did not start feeling baby movements until my 21st week :) it just started with bubble popping like feeling, or sometimes like gas haha. but not to frequent then. it's normal mummy! dont worry about it too much. take care!

Me too in my 21 weeks but can’t really feel much. I also felt fluttering or bubbles popping but also unsure if it felt like that. Haha