Difficult situation

My cousin sister have been trying for baby for past 5 years and she couldn't conceive. Also when she went for her medical check up the doctor said its difficult for her to conceive because of her ovaries, overweight, irregular menses and some other complications. Her in laws have been pin pointing she havent got pregnant yet and she used to call and msg me that she is under depression and she cries almost every night for a baby. ? I'm now 3 months pregnant and I've not officially announced to others accept my immediate family. Should I personally message and tell her before I announce it or just let her know through social media? Ps: She is 3 years older than me and I just got married in January end. We are the only grandchildren in the family too. I dont want her to get hurt or get more stress. Also my baby will be the first great grand child. How can I let her know?

15 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I have been thru somewhat similar situation. I have a colleague whom im pretty close to and she has been trying ivf for a few times but not successful. When i knew i was pregnant, i had to let her know due to work obligations. But after which, i knew she kinda was affected about it. I had to be real careful about being too happy in front of her.

Read more
5y ago

Thanks for sharing your situation it helps me alot.

I think you should tell her personally! Because I have a cousin sister who is of the same age too! I mean she’s not facing the same issue, but I would be soooo betrayed if I find out things from her thru social media or thru other cousins instead from her personally. Just a penny for thought

5y ago

Thank you for replying. I'll feel the same way too. I should also tell it in a way that doesn't hurt her badly.

Tell her personally and tell her her turn will come soon once GOD permits! She has to be patient. I am currently pregnant after 5.5 years. I was like her depressed and all. But i start to be positive and all went well! Ask her to try malay urut it helps and change her diet..

Since she is really close to you, i believe that she would be happy for u and she wouldnt feel anythg negative abt your pregnancy. It will hurt her most if u didnt tell her personally or amongst the first.

I know how you must feel, but I would tell her personally if I were you. It will be more awful to know from social media, especially if you two were close.

TapFluencer

I would inform her first. I would not want her to find out through social media ... that would be rough for get.

I would personally tell her when I see her in person Better to see her reaction in person and react accordingly

5y ago

Thanks for the reply. She got married to Australia. I wont get to see her. In that case shall I just personally message her and tell her the news?

I would tell her personally. Finding out thru social media will makes the person feel kinda lousy

There is a solution to irregular prriod, can try korean ginseng

VIP Member

I would let her know personally