Friendship woes

I have a close friend and we know each other for 10 over years. However I find she kind of bo liao in the sense that little things also wanna complain. We got pregnant almost same time and our sons are just few months apart. She always like to boast about her son and her life too. I've cut contact a few times with her and the latest move being 1 year ago. She did keep msging me and ask what happened. After that she stopped. We bumped into each other once but never talk. 1 year later she msg me again and ask I'm still angry? My question is should I contact her back? I feel touched that I ignored her so long she still keep msg me. But the thing is i feel my life is rather peaceful when we are not in contact. 😂 what should I do? This cycle of me cut contact and get back in contact keeps repeating. However i do feel quite happy to see her that day. But at the same time I feel if contact her back my life will not be as peaceful? 😅Or maybe cuz im the type who dont like to bitch. She will boast about how smart her son is 3 years old and boast about her life where she went to eat etc. I ever hint her before don't have to tell me so much about her life almost everyday but she said cuz im her best friend and she just want to share with me. Anyone #pleasehelp

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I would think that there's no need to bring someone back into your life if this person doesn't bring good vibes or anything positive..don't make life harder for yourself. Unless you can ignore what she says about her son and her life, it'll be better to stay no contact.

6mo ago

Thanks make sense but I'm still feeling uncertain what should I do.

i hate it when ppl compares and its just annoying. probably just hi bye friend will do. i have a friend who just decided to unfollow me on ig and we didnt msg each other anymore, felt sad cos i dont know what i did but i guess everyone move on

6mo ago

Yeah I hate it too..its like they got insecurities or what? My friend family is rich, dad owns company and property, husband is head chef. I remembered when her son is 1 year old plus, out of the blue she sent me a list of words her son can say already and ask what about my son? Honestly my son is late in his speech but at 3yo plus now he can speak sentences already. So it gets into me she keeps boasting about her son and family. However I shun her cut contact she still tries to contact me. Sometimes I feel soft and contact her back. Now I really don't know. After 1 year she msg me again.