Casual meet up with any friend opposite gender. Husband mentality- it's not nice to meet up with someone's wife. Wife mentality- Nonsense. It's not common to have such an old school mentality. Opinions please?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hmm. It depends. IF your husband know the friend then it's ok. For me, i met up with my husband friend while he was away for a work trip. He felt perfectly fine and he feels that it;s better then im meeting someone else that he doesnt know. But if my husband is meeting someone which i don't know. i will need to know what are they doing, or where are they going? It's call respecting your spouse

Read more

I think if meet up alone with opposite sex, Is not advisable . Call me old fashion but i think it is a form of respect . Why is there a need to meet up opposite sex alone on a date ? Even if hubby doesn't Mind, unless there is a real n urgent need, I will still not do it .

I felt uncomfortable when my then-husband brought me along to meet his female friends whom I don't know at all. I would have preferred they have their own reminisce, regardless of gender. Still having friend meetups when you're a parent is so therapeutic and stress-relieving!

I use to have that same mentality in the past. Even when my wife is still my gf, I told her not to meet other guys alone. But over the years, I manage to overcome this insecurity. Our trust has allow us to go anywhere as long as we know each other whereabouts.

Super Mum

My friends are all guys and married with atleast 1 child or otw. But husb does mind, as i have been friends with these bunch since sec sch and thry could click with my hub.

VIP Member

I think it depends on how comfortable your spouse is. Always let him know who you're meeting. It probably helps if he has met your friend before.

Sorry if I sound so off-topic but seriously how do you find time to even meet anyone man woman or shim or the cat downstairs omg sorry I'm so off-topic

Depend on your partner thinking and also are you going alone or with group of friends. And also the trust in you

It's all good on our end, it's the trust.. u know very well what kind of person your spouse is..

I think if you introduce your friend to your husband it would make him feel more comfortable .