Fresh Helper

Hi mummies with helpers. I've hired a fresh indonesian helper to specifically look after my lo. Any tips/advice to settle in mentality faster and bond with LO? Mine's 3 months old.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

My situation is exactly the same as yours, I got fresh Indo helper when my baby was 3 months. The first week I and hubby had to train her on various tasks and baby care. She watched and learned as I took care of baby for the first few days. Then she started taking care while I watched. Lucky for me my helper is very hardworking and focused when minding baby. For 3mo there's no stranger anxiety yet so your baby will get used to helper very quickly. Now my baby is 14 months and stuck to helper like glue 😅

Read more
4y ago

My lo now recognize people. Once her grandparents carry her she starts crying. I guess just have to be patient for a start. Just worried that my helper will be scared off by lo.

I guess new maids is a lucky draw, some are good in taking care of baby, some for elderly. Some are good at cooking, some are not. Some settle in fast, some don’t. It’s hard to say. But what helps is to let your maid know the list of things you need done and write it down in a way she can understand. If she’s able to follow through and do the tasks well, say within 3 months, then considered pass already. Most importantly, need a baby camera

Read more
VIP Member

If she has experience with baby , wouldn’t be a problem. Still, got to observe what / how she do. If she doesn’t know, you can guide her your daily routine for a week. If she forgets , Eg note it down n paste on the fridge. If baby fussy with new helper. Is ok, takes time. Let her feed, bath, make lo sleep, or play w lo. . Eventually will be ok. :) Also see luck whether helper is hardworking :)

Read more

3 months shouldn't be a problem. If your helper knows how to take care of baby, they will bond. Mine was 18 months and its takes her 2 weeks to get used to helper coz by that age she already know familiar faces.

Super Mum

We brought new helper to a baby class and ensure she learn basic skills with baby

Super Mum

Baby camera just buy the cheaper Xiaomi brand. Can view on mobile via WiFi

Super Mum

Bring helper for baby class . That's what I did

VIP Member

More interactions