CNY - What is it with old folks and their mentality? I know it's festive and all that jazz but little one needs his nap when he does. Isn't it ridiculous to label my boy as the "crown prince"? All because I want to adhere to his usual nap schedule as much as I can. Having to deal with an overtired and overstimulated bub is no fun at all. Who's with me? :(

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ya when I ask my family member to keep quiet so that my gal can nap my bro also said oh the queen is going to sleep everyone keep quiet. I told him ya glad to know you all treat her like queen . Ignore them and do what you think is right. I did let my gal stay up a bit later and sleep a little lesser due to the noise and timing but I make sure she gets one long and good nap in the morn and the second nap I make it a bit more flexible but I still let her nap . Otherwise they will become cranky in the evening when there is house visiting or dinner.

Read more

When kids are younger, i plan visits around their nap schedules. My pt is i dont want to inconvenient other people by asking them to lower their volume to accomodate my kids, neither do i want to be unhappy with unneccesary comments or offend others. Everyone is happier after a good nap. I get to have a rest too. Afterall, festive season is the time to bond, no point getting stressed up and getting cranky. Once baby grows up, there are many more years ahead to enjoy cny

Read more

IT'S NORMAL and u need to repeat like a broken tape recorder that baby needs his sleep. Even if they brought up their kids, it's too long ago for them to remember what it was like. Of caz they will want to have LO to play with and take photo etc but u just gota repeatedly justify

VIP Member

I guess only ppl who have not really look after babies themselves will say it this way, everyone know My son is tired want to slp, ask me to make him slp, mean they understand how baby feeling now, a tired slpy baby is a crying and troublemaker baby, everyone want to avoid also.

As mothers, we know when baby is sleepy. But for my mil, she thinks tat baby wanna play/'his eyes r so big. How can he be sleepy?' I get pissed too cos they r not e ones looking after our kids, so how will they know?

I'm totally with you. They r not the ones looking after, they don't get it! Poor LOs. By the end of yesterday, mine was so cranky n tired!

VIP Member

It's normal. just ignore and just proceed with how you want your kids to nap. We know our kids better then anyone else

Read more

For my case is hb n I keep saying that my LO wants to slp but my mil keep saying that he wants to eat instead zzz