Anyone celebrated 100 days instead of 1 month?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Tbh, due to covid restrictions to number of visitors per household my baby didn’t really get to celebrate her first month and 100 day.. We only did her hair shaving on her first month (5 visitors rule) with grandparents came to visit, while 100 day (became 2 visitors rule) only my husband and I taking some photos.. Hoping she can get to celebrate her one year old at least with a small party! In my view, 100 days would be better as e first month is really tiring! 😅

Read more
VIP Member

My husband is Korean, so we will be celebrating her 100th day as well. Traditionally, babies and moms were supposed to stay home for 100 days and this celebration signified "freedom". We've already celebrated her full month with my relatives because I'm a local Chinese.

Post reply image
VIP Member

i didnt. but to a lot of people, 100days is so much better for the baby and mother. 1st month seems a little rush because the mother could be doing confinement still and feeling tired. my case was, the elders didnt like it. traditons associate with myths and deaths

VIP Member

i did 100days as well. I felt that i was more composed as a person/mother, and more energy to entertain guests. My baby was also not so sensitive by the noises and people around, and can play with our friends better.

VIP Member

Yes, 100 days better than 1 month. 1 month is too rushed! Barely enough time to recover then you gotta plan a whole party & invite guests and you may not have had any time to make yourself look presentable yet! 😮

Yes, most of my friends who are from Hong Kong celebrate 100days instead of baby full month. In Singapore, baby full month celebration is more common.

VIP Member

I did 100days. Better for me as a mom as more mentally stable and more time for preparation

VIP Member

Yes for me! I felt that it will be better as baby immunity is stronger too!

VIP Member

How u all do 100 days? On the exact 100th day? If it’s weekday how?

thanks