Would you let your hubby go on a Bangkok trip with guy friends for 3D2N?

35 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I will not. And thankfully, my hubby will not. Many years back, before kids and just before we got married, his friends organised an all-guys BKK bachelors' trip for him. I know my husband well and I let him go ahead. The very first night, he called me and shared with me that almost all his friends brought a thai girl back to the hotel, even those that were in committed relationships. He was very shocked, and I was clearly very upset but he reassured me that he's not interested especially when our wedding was a couple of months away. The subsequent nights, every single one of his friends had their "sexcapades" and because some were attached, they pressured my hubby into doing the same, saying he wasn't a brother if he didn't. The peer pressure is real for all-guys trips. My hubby told me, that trip made him very disappointed in his long-time friends and he swore to me he wouldn't go on an all-guys trip again. They did eventually go for an mountain climbing trip but seeing how some of them couldn't even summit the peak, I'm sure they had no energy to look for "specials" there. They were limping back. But having this sharing from my own hubby, I am 100% suspicious of all-guy BKK trips, and my hubby being a guy, thinks the same as well. He just tells me straight, there is no other reason why guys would have an all-guys trip to BKK. Or similar Asia destinations. Just note, we set our own boundaries, what is acceptable and what is not. It's not so much a matter of "want to play, SG also can" but more of, the peer pressure that guys can place on each other, and of course, there is power in groups and some guys may think it's ok since everyone else is doing it. "Look, he's also married with 2 kids, it's just one-time, nobody will know.." and it can literally become emotional blackmail like what my hubby experienced, "we all do already, left you, you not brother like that.." I suppose it's a matter of, whether your hubby can handle such escalations? I believe there are many ways to destress and having me-time. All-guys trips are a no-no for us. Just my 2c.

Read more
7y ago

You sound very offended and I wonder why? Firstly, his friends were in committed relationships but not married. Secondly, even if they are, there ought to be no secrets between a husband snd wife. Thirdly, why would his friends relationships be at risk? I never told any of the ex-gfs (yes all are exes by now) about their misdeeds and that's the level of trust betweenmy hubby and I, that we confide in each other and nothing gets out. I'm so glad I married my hubby cos we're still so in love and we absolutely hide nothing from each other. I don't know you but based on your reply, I'm glad I didn't marry a guy like you and I honestly pity the lady that marries you. Cos you would rather keep secrets from your spouse or you can't trust your spouse enough to share secrets like that. All the best to you.

Yes! We've just had a baby and my hubby went for an all guys trip to Batam when our baby was 5 months old. I think it is also pretty tiring for the daddy (maybe not as physically exhausting as mummy) but I feel that they feel the stress of providing as well. Mummies are known to be stronger and able to handle stress more effectively than daddies and we get all the love and cuddles from the little one more especially when we breastfeed. As for temptations I believe anywhere you go there are bound to be. In Batam it's also well-known for their special services during massages, not much of a difference in Bangkok. Even if it was Bangkok I would have encouraged him to go and relax. If your husband wants to fool around, he doesn't have to go to Bangkok to do so. Have faith and let him have some ME time while we continue bonding with our little ones.

Read more

I would prefer my spouse join me or invite into the trip. anw is all about trust. just happened last 3weeks my spouse mention that he want to work abroad and we just have our first child at 3weeks old. first thing come across my mind is "No,is covid19. He might get infection and I can't let him take the risk." if fact I say "oh, what make u feel good by taking that opportunity? other then we'll pay out ". always listen to their views of point. is all about trust. end of the day is up to your decision. both of yall have to respect each other decision. here if u have a doubt meaning u dw him to go. so why not join him?

Read more
VIP Member

Well... as much as Bangkok is a great place for eating and shopping with its large markets and street shopping, it is also notorious for its seedy establishments. When a whole bunch of guys go to Bangkok... I wonder what the point of their trip is. It's really up to you. I would let my husband go, but that's if he even wants to go in the first place. He'd rather go on a family trip now that he has a wife and child. He knows the consequences of misbehaving.

Read more
VIP Member

Absolutely - he deserves the break and there is so much more to Bangkok than the sleaze and even if he does go for 1-2 shows, in my opinion it's no big deal - unless he does something with the girls. And if he does, it could have happened anywhere - and not just Bkk! :)

8y ago

I heart your answer! A relationship is only as strong as the trust.

VIP Member

I allowed my husband to go with his group of friends as i knew most of his friends. And those he chose to go with are mainly foodies. And i often contact him thru msges so i give him the trust. Moreover he gets to go before i pop. So enjoy while he can

Read more

Agree with all the moms above. If the guy wants to do something, he will do it any and everywhere. We cant control him. Only he can control himself. So yes ill let him go. SINGAPORE also can hanky panky no need go all the way to BKK.

Why not! Juz let him enjoy himself wif his frenz cos life is not juz wife & kids oni. Men do not like to be controlled. It spoils e relationship. Everybody needs some 'me time' including us! After e trip, who knows he will love u more?

Agree with @Roshni. He can do stuff anywhere if he wants to. Let's not type cast Bangkok as the only place for him to get polygamous... Its how you are , not necessary where you are :)

"Whatever happens in Bangkok, stays in Bangkok". If you trust your husband and his guy friends well then by all means let them but kf you're having doubts then tell it to him. Warn him even.