What's the most important lesson your father have taught you?

63 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mag ipon habang bata pa at mag invest. Ayun effective naman. Nung kinasal ako, nanganak misis ko, baptism ng anak ko may pera ako. Ngayon kahit 4 months palang baby ko patuloy padin ako nag lalaglag sa investment ko or ipon para prepared ako pag nag aral na si baby. Biruin mo, 4 yrs na paghahanda yan ewan ko nalang kung kulang pa yun para makapag aral sya. Pero sa investment, dapat sure ball na hindi scam yan. Mamili kayo ng tingin niyong legit at registered. At tandaan ang kasabihang 'do not put all your eggs in one basket'. Wag all in ang pera nyo sa investments.

Read more
VIP Member

When you borrow money from someone, it is a big help. Do not ever think that just because you pay it, it is not. You would not have done what you needed to do without that money. And when you pay back the money lent to you, add extra, no matter how small the amount is coz they could have done something with the money, but instead took a gamble and lent it to you.

Read more

The art of positivity. I get angry or stressed out easily and my dad has always been an inspiration to always see the good in every situation. It can be annoying at times, especially if you're at the height of your anger and he starts to see the positivity in that situation but in the long run, his mentality works.

Read more

Work for things you want, especially for the ones you need. By this, I learned not to be dependent on them at a very young age. There are times I thought he was being too selfish (like the times he won't let me borrow his car) but now, I realize the wisdom of what he taught me. It all makes sense now.

Read more

my father taught me that it is never alright to have excuses for something you failed to do in life. he taught me that if i fail at something, or am unable to do something for whatever reason, i should accept it as a chance to learn and do it right again, instead of finding the perfect excuse.

To always have faith. My dad is a religious man and while me and my brothers are not particularly pious like him, we all agree that faith will be a source of strength when everything else fails. I really appreciate this thought and have my daddy to thank for it.

the biggest thing my father taught me is that happiness can never be measured by how much you have or don't have. as long as your loved ones and you are healthy and safe, and have the basics you need, as well as a good education, life is good.

Work hard and smart to achieve your dreams. I am so grateful that my dad raised me to be a very hard working individual. I remember my dad, he would never waste a time doing just nothing. He's one of the most industrious persons I've ever known.

My father taught me if want to get married please have proper plans on how to stay long term together as a family, especially if one is a foreigner. If no plans to come back for good please divorce.

6y ago

kin

"Give to your family first before giving to yourself" maybe. My dad taught me to think of my family 1st before thinking of what benefits me or buying the needs of the family before my self interest