What else do you give your baby at 9 months old to eat other than porridge & oats cereal? My baby is giving 2 meals a day, one meal porridge one meal oat cereal. Thanks in adv!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi actually with porridge there are several side dishes you can give as well. I give my gal salmon, cod fish, sweet potato, all kinds of veggies, mash potato, egg and tofu. I also give her snack like bread, cheese, self made pancake , baby biscuits, yoghurt and fruits. Recently started giving her pasta. I tried two brands Heinz star pasta and Farleys baby noodles. She loves them. I also have instant cereal standby at home for days when I don't have time to prepare food for her. I bought a few flavors from Healthy Times and a pumpkin Maize cereal from Holle. I read before that we should let the little one explore as many taste as possible before 1 and when they turn 1 they should slowly transit to food which adults eat. I also don't give purée anymore as my gal has four teeth and knows how to mash food with gums. My mother in law like to put all the veggies etc into the porridge and mix tog into a mash porridge . I don't do that as I want to train my girl to chew food and taste individual food on its own.

Read more
8y ago

Hi for cheese I bought an organic mild cheddar one from Fairprice. For yoghurt I bought Emmi brand Greek yoghurt

I have been making rice balls with ingredients like mashed cod fish, chopped coriander, chopped baby corn, cut finely pork or chicken or beef or chopped finely shiitake mushroom. I also made meat (chicken or beef or pork) with shredded carrots and mashed potatoes or chopped finely shiitake mushrooms. I made banana pancakes and omelette too. I also gave soup made with chicken/pork stock and added ingredients like toufu, cauliflowers, white fungus and meats.

Read more
8y ago

Yes they can. Make them small.

There are many options. You can consider baby rice. Mashed potatoe, mashed sweet potato. There there are a lot of fruits and other meat that you can consider adding to the food too. I sometimes mix broccoli and potato purée. Salmon with pumpkin with rice. Chicken broccoli and spinach with rice. Fish and pea purée. Cauliflower cheese purée. Can slowly explore. If you care into baby lead wearing, u can even give them pasta too! Happy feeding :)

Read more

For young children, I do fruit or veg puree. Steam veg then mash or steam and let them hold to eat like baby carrots. U might also want to buy biscuits, those melt in mouth. This can aid them to train their budding teeth if any.

Hi there, i give my boy cereal, fruits, vegetables. Pan fried salmon with mashed potatoes and carrots Steam spinach with pears and pears Sweet potato with carros and pumpkin all steamed.

Read more
VIP Member

You can steam or roast vegetables like pumpkin and make it into a purée for baby

I just gave my 7+ month old boy pasta

Post reply image