9 months old kid constipation

Hi, what can i do to help my kid. She is having constipation, so heartbroken to see her suffering, I'm wondering is it because of me gave her fruit cereal & fruit oatmeal for 3 meals yesterday & the day before yesterday. Usually she only took either 2 meal of porridge or 2 meal of cereal (not so often, only give like this when no cooking porridge for her) but yesterday i gave her 3 meal instead and all 3 are different flavors and different brand. But she has been eating these. Or also wonder, is it because i bring her out hence skip her poo time. That's y she nv poo. #pleasehelp #worried #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Cereal and oatmeal can be constipating. If you offer for one meal then other 2 meals try offer something else. As they grow older should continue well balanced diet. These r told to me by my girl PD as my girl has recurring constipation also around 8-9mo . Probiotics will help but PREBIOTICS is equally important for gut balance

Read more

1.Run a blood work. Pick up if there’s any genetic issues/ disorders. 2. Consult a doctor, get lactulose syrup to soften her stools. 3.Give her fruits like papaya, banana, dragon fruit, prunes, that have high dietary fibers. 4. Breast milk uptake.

Read more

You can consider giving her probiotics, I use Protexin and LB 30 for my child and it works really well.

Try giving her apple juice or more water , it works like a charm. Recommended by my PD