What else do you give your baby at 9 months old to eat other than porridge & oats cereal? My baby is giving 2 meals a day, one meal porridge one meal oat cereal. Thanks in adv!

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi actually with porridge there are several side dishes you can give as well. I give my gal salmon, cod fish, sweet potato, all kinds of veggies, mash potato, egg and tofu. I also give her snack like bread, cheese, self made pancake , baby biscuits, yoghurt and fruits. Recently started giving her pasta. I tried two brands Heinz star pasta and Farleys baby noodles. She loves them. I also have instant cereal standby at home for days when I don't have time to prepare food for her. I bought a few flavors from Healthy Times and a pumpkin Maize cereal from Holle. I read before that we should let the little one explore as many taste as possible before 1 and when they turn 1 they should slowly transit to food which adults eat. I also don't give purée anymore as my gal has four teeth and knows how to mash food with gums. My mother in law like to put all the veggies etc into the porridge and mix tog into a mash porridge . I don't do that as I want to train my girl to chew food and taste individual food on its own.

Read more
8y ago

Hi for cheese I bought an organic mild cheddar one from Fairprice. For yoghurt I bought Emmi brand Greek yoghurt