Want to rant! my Husband wants to be hands on dad and willing to help out with newborn if I need his help. We are both extremely tired because taking care of newborn with zero help is jus exhausted. So weekend came and I look forward to it so that we can co-parent whole day. However he rather spend LO nap time to watch tv then at night he will be v tired n give me the "I'm-so-freaking-tired-and-i-still-have-to-help-out" face. Whilst me, I quickly take the opportunity to take naps while LO sleeps. N thruout the night I still do my "night duty" plus pumping. He still help but I jus hate it that he gave a face n help. Who ask him not to catch some rest when LO is sleeping!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey, I think u have to chillax. When baby naps it's his free time - he can choose to do whatever he wants and u can do whatever u want. At the very most he just needs to be responsible and handle the tiredness. He has been a dad for like how many week or in ur description - weekends? It is PERFECTLY NORMAL that mummy does EVERYTHING. If good if there is any help, any big or small help. Parenting and this whole taking care of baby s*** thing is NOT meant to be fair or equal or "u have to honor ur promise". Live and let live. If u need more help, ask for it. But it's a ask, not a command and he is not obliged to be saying yes in the most enthusiastic tone. It is only human

Read more
VIP Member

Yes, it is very tiring furthermore if this is your firstborn & staying at your own house w/o the help of elders to assist. However, it is good to know that you have a husband who is willing to help you even though at times he will let out a big le sigh or give that resting bitch face. He got no choice too, right? As a wife, we just need to learn to start appreciating our husband more, eventhough his little effort is to take and throw the diaper away. Dont until he ignore all the cries, all the milktime, even bo chap to help change a soiled diaper, thats when u wish u want ur old man back.

Read more
VIP Member

well. he also need his ME time. It's already good that he wants to be hands on. My husband doesn't help at all. For my #1 he stayed up during the confinement month to help to prepare formula. for my #2, basically he slept thru ever since i brought bb back. i wish my husband is more helpful! Give him some time to adapt. Soon it will be better

Read more

Don't mind me being direct but I suspect you are having postal depression. You are being nitty gritty...He has to work and is tired too! The fact that he is doing the job and you expect him to put on a smile is unreasonable by all fair standard. Count your blessings please.

Read more

I think it's great that at least he's willing to help out! Maybe if you're really unhappy with that face he gives and with how he spends the time when LO naps, you should let him know. Communication is key :)

Communication is important here to let your husband know about your feelings. You should be proud that he's helping out, instead of letting you take care of everything.

Your husband is trying and that's more important. He has the thoughts and intention of getting involved. Many men arent like that. They feel that it's the women's job.

Isnt your husband wonderful by showing interest that he is wants to help! you are one lucky woman!

Be proud of your husband and love him dearly.