Do you wake your baby up to feed at night? My girl is one month now and she usually never wake up to feed after 2-3 hours of sleeping. My breats will feel very full and if I decide to pump baby will wake up and very fussy coz not much milk left for her. I tired dream feeding but baby refuse to open mouth and drink.

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If no jaundice then no need. Your milk supply will regulate after a while, it will slowly follow baby demand. So even though they might feel full the first few time she sleep longer but they will be ok before you know it.

Don't wake her up. Feed on demand. Another thing you can do is pump half or 5/10mins judge base on how long ago was last feed. Your boobs will never be empty so don't have to worry not enough milk and just keep latching.

VIP Member

I won’t wake them up. I believe if they are hungry they will whine for it. Maybe you want pump and keep?

VIP Member

if your baby still jaundiced? If yes, please wake baby up to continue feeding every 2-3hrly

VIP Member

I will wake him up even if he can sleep through the night. I will feed him every three hours.

VIP Member

If not jaundiced, then let baby sleep. I figure more sleep for baby = happier parents too.

i will not wake if baby is no longer jaundiced. I will wake up to pump my milk.

VIP Member

not necessary to wake your baby up, it's OK to let her sleep through the night

I won’t wake her up She will cry if she is Hungry

VIP Member

No need to wake baby for feeding. Feed on demand