17mths toddler keeps waking up at night

My 17months toddler has the same issue, very consistent to wake up every 3 hours to ask for milk at night. Usually I gave her dinner at around 7:15pm, then will try to give her last milk feed before 8pm, then send her to bed at 8:15pm. Some people told me give full feed may make her stomach bloated (then she will feel more hungry as her stomach is enlarged), and some say if no full feed will make her wake up at night.. really confused on what to do to give her the correct routine....Any mommy facing this and can advise on the above? #advicepls #1stimemom #firstbaby

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

every baby is different.my older one started to wake for milk 1 year old altho he was a fantastic sleeper and didn't need milk since 5 months. so we just give. younger one is now 16 mths hasn't shown such signs yet and does not wake for hunger. u could also try give a dream feed ie while she's still asleep (before she wakes),and before you go to bed 10 plus 11pm. ultimately what I've learnt is if the little one is fed sufficiently in daytime, really don't need milk in the night (yes may need to 'train') so perhaps can also review if the daytime she is given enough food.

Read more

my 28mths has a strict routine of sleep n meals time. 6.15pm dinner 1 full bowl, 9pm 200 ml. by 10pm ko till next morning around 8am for another 200ml milk. keep on telling your bb that u won't give milk even if he wakes up at night.. me n my neighbour did this since our kids r about few months old...

Read more

my boy has his dinner at 8pm, last feed 200ml at 10-1030pm (we pick him from IFC at 6plus reach home already 730pm) since 10months old he hardly wake up for milk, he will wake up next day at around 630-7am

If she has naps , try shortening her nap.