How to make 2mo sleep thru the night

Hi all, please help ftm here. My baby is 7w going to 8w now, she is still not able to sleep thru the night and somewhat always wanna play at night but she sleep a lot during the day, i even have to wake her up in the day or dream feed her if she dont want to wake up. Everyday about 7-8am i will wake her up and tell her it is already morning so time to wake up and at night tell her it is late time to sleep At night when try to put her to sleep cry murder and every 2-3 hours wake up (if hungry i feed her, but sometimes she wanna play) , suck on pacifiers for hours. Im scared her stomach will become gassy if suck pacifier for too long #advicepls #firstbaby #firsttimemom

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

firstly you can’t sleep train such a young infant.. not until 4 months old. they can’t sleep through the night at that age. so poor thing they are only ingesting a small amount of milk each feed, and will get hungry easily. do you know when your baby sleeps, her brain is developing? and when you wake her, her body doesn’t have the opportunity to grow? you should follow baby’s cues and let her sleep when she needs to, and not hinder her growth. stomach won’t become gassy with pacifier, you are mistaken. pacifier actually helps with gas instead. it’s a suction that helps soothe baby, rather than keep crying and ingesting air! suggest you to read up more.. and change your expectations on helping your LO.

Read more

My baby started to sleep through the night when she’s 2.5months old. We didn’t really train her, but we do keep the light dim, quiet and avoid making eye contact or talking to her during diaper change/feedings. Her last feeding is usually 10~11pm. We gradually dragged her next feeding from 2am to 3am, then 3am to 4am and etc. Now she’s 6 months old and wakes up at around 7-8am every morning. We do wake up her on her last nap if she’s been sleeping for too long. And do tummy time to tired her out 😌

Read more
7mo ago

Hi.. she auto awake due to hunger or u dream feed her + change her diaper every 3 hours? I was told to change her diaper and feed every 3h up to 3mths of age

hi. my 2 months old baby also didnt sleep through at night and she sleep during the day too. she will awake when it is time for her milk and when the diaper is too full or when she dont feel like sleeping. we couldnt do anything much because they are way too young to sleep train. maybe you can do night routine like bath her and feed her before sleep. it might work but not gurantee if your baby will sleep through. pacifier is good for young infants as it can prevent sids!

Read more
7mo ago

My 2mo sometimes sleep thru sometimes didnt. Depends on her. But sometimes she sleep thru until didnt wake up for milk, i will set alarm and dream feed, change her diaper. She is very energetic before bedtime so i let her play on her own, but if rly dw sleep then i play with her too🫣 Think at this age just let her be, don’t stress about it :)