How do you decide what time will be your baby's last feed?

My baby is 3 months old and starting to sleep longer periods at night and will wake up once for a feed before going back to sleep. However due to unpredictability of baby feeding, sometimes baby last feeding can be at 11pm or at 1am as he feeds 3-4 hourly. 1am because I feel that 10pm feeding may not last through the night. He will then proceed to sleep 5-8 hours (depending on how tired he is) so sometimes I just have to wake up at 4-5am for a feed and will drift back to sleep until 8-10am next day. My aim is for baby to sleep at 12am, and wake up at 5/6, which coincides with my sleep cycle, but obviously baby doesn't follow schedule, so I can only try my best to keep to the routine and schedule. Sometimes baby cries for a feed at 1030 and then would be at an awkward time lol. If it were you, would you decide to put baby to sleep after this feeding or wait for next feeding? How do you mummies decide what time would be baby's last feed?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

At 3mo, I just feed on demand and follow baby’s schedule as their timings are not fixed yet. Even if you start now, when they starting teething, their entire cycle will go haywire again so I would advise to just tahan awhile more, they will start to STTN soon on their own 😂.

At 3 months old, my baby slept thru the night. He usually sleep 5/6/7pm to the next morning 6am. His last feed could be as early as 5pm and next feed is 6/7am. I dont decide, i follow baby’s cue. When he’s sleepy, i would let him sleep.