do you think parents who are educators naturally will make good parents?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Agree n disagree. I would say educators may know what works for most children n may have certain gd habits like being associated with books thus inculcate gd reading habits etc ( not to say others don't read but eg when they are marking etc, they are seen with books- reading n writing) monkeys see monkeys do ( ESP when they are younger) But usually cannot teach their own children as they tend to be stricter n has less patience for them (just like how it is almost impossible for older siblings to teach younger siblings )

Read more

No. When it comes to ur own child, ur expectations towards them will be much higher than u are towards ur students. For me, i am very patient towards my students but when it comes to my own kid, i flare up alot... So wad is meant by being a good parent? I'm still trying my best to reduce my flare ups..

Read more
VIP Member

There's no occupation that can prepare you to be a good parent - even if you're an educator or caregiver because it's just different looking after your own child.

VIP Member

Not really. it depends on characters and upbringing. I have read enough articles of educators who did bad enough things to kids...

It really depends. Being a teacher to our own kids.We will always be much stricter and have higher expectations to our kids.

I think it depends. I’ve seen educator parents who are super strict and another who are super chill.

VIP Member

No. Even parents who are teachers themselves send their kids to be teach by others.

Nope. Its different educating your own child.