Parents, are you satisfied with the Budget 2017? What do you think is missing?

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

More budget set aside for young families. $10-$12K would be helpful. Most of my frens stop at 1-2 cuz tight budget. Mentioning childcare fees, childcare leave esp if Sch close for HFMD or child got HFMD. HFMD wipe out childcare leave in 7 days. If got it again, no more leave, let alone AL. 365days only got 3-6 childcare leave isn't enough for 1 or even 2 children. Some women unable to wrk fr home. Leave abit earlier get stared by bosses. Hard to incorporate to every companies. Maternity leave would be gd to extend but companies will be pissed off, including colleagues who are covering for mummies. How?? Govt sure look for profit making?? When give something, they want something in return. Most middle class are trying to make ends meet..but do govt really truly understand?? It's been years~~~ kinda sad actually..

Read more

- increase the no. of childcare leave - more grants to help the new families, many are struggling as the up-to $6000 match by government is only sufficient for a few months of infant care and less than a year of childcare. It gets wiped out totally in the first year. Many young parents do not have the luxury of getting help from both their family & extended family. - Govt to encourage all companies to adopt the flexi-work approach esp for female employees with young children - Govt to set aside a higher budget to top up the CDA accounts of the children - extend maternity leave from 16 to 18 weeks

Read more
7y ago

I think she didn't say purely for infant care. It's for both infant care and childcare. If there's no support from families and both parents need to work, the amount of top up by government can only last for a year or so.

VIP Member

No. To be honest many woll not be satisfied .. And this year is the worst.. Give others GSTvoucher then increase water rate .. Which might affect many families in Spore.. Worst of all its not family friendly at all..

7y ago

What would make it more family friendly?

VIP Member

Not reasonable at all. Not beneficial to anyone this year. Previous year there is increment of grants of leave for family. Secondly, gst cash voucher yet they increase the water fees. totally not reasonable.

Read more
7y ago

So what would you like to see?

I think the PUB increase is too much. 10% can close one eye but 30%??? For kids wise, not related to budget but we are already done not having more. Too overwhelming...

No! I want more childcare leave n longer paternity leave. No different treatment towards pregnant women at work. Reduce CC fees! Help the middle income family!

7y ago

Economy is not so good cannot afford so much stuff otherwise singapore will lose its competitive age. By then, die

No. feel that it is not family friendly . Does not encourage me to have more children

7y ago

Maybe, More help for cc ESP the sandwich class? I've seen the so called Low income grp able to send their LO to expensive cc eg. Monthly 1.6k for fees but after all the subsidies only pay $400+ but the middle income grp may not be able to afford the better cc which cost 1.6k per mth All those baby bonus etc is only a one one off thing n is totally not enough.

nope. not at all. I would take have anymore kids. it's way too expensive.

almost suffocating with 1 dementia FIL & 3 kids