Is there such pantang thingy that when wife is still on confinement, husband cannot attend any wedding?

70 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

My mom/grandma got mention before and reminded me so many time, from birth of our lo till 4 months old, both parents cannot attend any wedding/birthday/funeral. Cannot give red packet (or funeral contribution) even if not going. If void deck got wake, and you need to bring baby out (ie: PD visit?) cover baby eyes and don’t see (yourself), try to take the lift that will avoid passing by the wake. If your mom or mil is helping you during confinement, all these applies to them as well. May be too superstitious, but no harm avoiding them anyway. Better safe than sorry, at least for me.

Read more

Heard of this old wives' tale before.. I know of people who ignore it and people who practise it. What I feel is both husband and wife must both feel comfortable in deciding if you wish to avoid or ignore it. You guys know best because at the end of the day, you don't want to ask "what-ifs" I had or had not attended, just go with your heart 😊

Read more

Yes, I heard before. Not suppose to attend any wedding 1 or 3 months ( can't remember clearly) before giving birth or during confinement. Some elderly don't like it especially if husband go into the delivery ward with Wife. Better check with the host.

Some people consider it to be 冲喜, like a clash of good fortunes. If you or your hubby are superstitious, then consider not attending another wedding. It's entirely up to you.

VIP Member

I heard of this before. But we are not superstitious about it. Moreover the wedddingg couple knew i was gg thru confinement said my husband can come! They don't mind!

VIP Member

Never heard of such thing but if the wedding couple or their family prefers not to, then respect their wishes even if you don't believe in it.

check with the host if they are pangtang or not, have to respect their beliefs (or not) eventhou ourselves not pangtang

VIP Member

i heard before... Not suppose to attend any wedding during first 4 months of after birth for both husband wife

Have never heard of such issue. I only know that wife is not allow to leave the house during confinement.

I think is okay got husband to attend wedding even if the wife is on confinement