Can pregnant woman be bridesmaid/attend wedding?

Hi there mummies! My best friend’s wedding is in 2 weeks and I’m also one of her bridesmaid. However, I’ve not shared the news of me being pregnant to her yet as i don’t want to add on to any further stress on her wedding prep. But, I’ve just been told by my partner’s mum that there’s a Chinese saying that pregnant woman can’t attend wedding? Is it true? And what should I do? ):

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have not heard of that . I am Chinese also :) depends if you are into all this but I have not heard of this superstition hehw

5mo ago

are you not showing yet? are you intending to hide it till its over? can you clarify does pregnant women attending wedding mean bad luck to the pregnant woman or to the couple? if it's to you, then it's entirely up to you whether to believe it. if it's to the couple then you should tell the bride. is she a superstitious/traditional person? either way I think you should tell her. because if she minds, she won't be happy after when she realise you did it while pregnant and didn't tell her. if she doesn't mind, then it'd no issue cos she will still want you as a bridesmaid anyway. also is there any drinking or big actions expected during the wedding?