Parents allowance

Do you still give your parents monthly allowance after marriage and kids?

36 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I did not. As my parents told me to keep the money for me and my family as inflation rate so high nowadays alr with the high expenses especially when there's a baby. My mom even initiate to buy baby stuffs regularly for me even I rejected her (she kind of overbuy cos she's super excited to try out new baby stuffs lol) So usually me and my hubby will treat my parents for dinner regularly (as we stay nearby, we will 'jio' them for dinner together).

Read more

I didn’t esp after I stopped working (no kids yet). But during their bdays and cny, I will give a bigger red packet though it definitely doesn’t cover as much as when I worked and gave allowance. And now with a kid coming along soon, I don’t think I will have enough to start giving allowance too. Occasional/random big treats for them makes them happy already.

Read more

Yes i use to !sadly its very Asian thing I guess I paid for them to built a house ofcause it all came from my hubby coz I don’t have job 🙄but I stopped this year giving them money becoz i have a daughter and now its time to look after my own Family,unless its for gift of they are not well etc,now no more

Read more
VIP Member

My Husband does a yearly allowance for his mum. I don’t - but I do spend on their birthdays and events like Mother’s Day / Father’s Day

VIP Member

Yes sometimes also have to see finacial nees but i only work part time and my mum sometimes come my house with the kids.

I still give them allowance but it will be lesser than before I got married and have kids

I give a yearly red packet during CNY which is equivalent to monthly allowance X12mths.

Yes, just my mum. not as much as before marriage and kids but they understand.

Ya... as a gesture and show that we care for them too

VIP Member

Yes...no hard and fast rule, just a nice gesture(: