How much monthly allowance do you still give to your parents even thought they are not taking care or helping you to look after your kids?

23 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

i give $300 when i used to work monthly. Now i dont give cause im housewive and hubby salary 3k. Have 2 kids. My parents very understanding. My siblings all contribute about 1k each. My mum housewife n dad retired. I feel blessed that my parents and siblings are very understanding.

It depends on your earning and expenses. Both my parents are not working. I do have two others siblings. But not sure how much they give. I give 300 monthly and more when I'm getting bonus. I will also pay for some of their bills/groceries etc.

Depending on your own capabilities. Should have sufficient for your family and the rest for your parents. Talk to them to understand more and contribute within your means =)

Read more

I will be giving $500 to them even if they are not looking after my kids. But if they are looking after my kids I will be giving $800 to cover the extra expenses for my kids.

$500 per month. My mom just retired but my dad is still working. My younger sister gave them the same amount while my elder brother contributes nothing.

5y ago

Give whatever u can afterall they oso nd expenses

Its all depending on earning. Take care or not take care. I only give $200. Bonus i give $1k twice a year. So it good.

VIP Member

We only give once during cny and bring them for holiday trips. :)

VIP Member

Hi... I give my parents monthly allowances of $300 each.

VIP Member

$500. I think it’s just a gesture of goodwill.

I gave $300 allowance every month.