Does your husband give you allowance?

Lots of people telling me husband should give allowance

19 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my husband pays everything for the house and thats include, wifi internet, phone bills(home, mine and his), household bills, my son school fees, my ezlink card and i only paid for the groceries(wet/dry), toiletries and misc (laundry/dishwashing detergent etc). this is when i am still working. now that i am not working, he is paying for everything and buying my necessities whenever i need it i.e clothes (inner and outer) food cravings and etc. so most of the times all the things that i needed are ready for me so i dont really need nor do i demand for any allowance. but he does gives me money altho not much but enough for myself or for any emergency. so giving allowance depends on both mutual arrangement. if you are working and your husband is not asking and using your money to bear any of the cost living, and you don't need any allowance from him. its your choice but if you do, its still your choice. same as if you are not working and he is also the only one baring the cost of living and on top of that fulfilling your needs and wants, it is still your choice to ask for allowance. but also bear in mind that, if your spouse is not earning much and after paying everything, he is left with just little, i think its nice to ease a little of his worries by not asking alot and putting pressure on him.

Read more
VIP Member

no. cause I'm working too. we shared baby's expenses, but usually he pay for the expensive ones and groceries. eating out, he's always the one footing the bill. I feel that husband and wife are equaled. if he don't give me allowance doesn't mean he dun love me or dun dote on me. he has his own ways to let me feel love too. if that particular month I spent more than usual on household or baby stuff, I will ask for Abit reimbursement 😅. try not to have that mindset that hub needs to pay for everything bah if you are working. must also consider his financial capability as well. if you make comparison with his couple or that couple , u will also be upset. *hugs*

Read more

yes, i work and he works but matrimonial vows we shared is for husband to give allowance to the wife for future savings. I put up on my end side too. It all depends on ur own comfort level. For us, we spend for each other . he paid utilities and i paid for phone n internet bills. In d end, we got to spend abit and have household or baby savings.

Read more

We used to share our mortgage & utilities commitment but since arrival of child that got me busy, he pays everything except my own spendings. I have income, just that it dropped cuz my focus is on child. Its sweet to get allowance from husband, mine didnt like that to be mandatory but he is okay paying for everything.

Read more

My husband will give me whatever he can afford for the month. He’s a freelance. But I don’t spend the money he gives. I put the money into our savings account cause I’m working too!

No, doesn’t give like on a regular basis. I just use his sub card to pay, and if I need cash will just ask from him in a lump sum.

We combine our money as one and spend as one, hence not necessary to give allowances.

Depends? I don’t expect him to feed me but he needs to be able to feed my children

Hi, I think it really depends on mutual understanding of husband and wife

no my husband starved me