Share the most difficult part of becoming a parent in the initial year

For me it’s sleep deprivation and huge sense of responsibility

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

For me it's the breastfeeding and EP journey as no one else can help u in that.. I was lucky that my 3 different CL were in tune with me to minimize carrying baby and establishing routines early, right from the start.. when they left, my kids were able to sttn from 9pm to 6am.

Have almost 0 time for myself was the most difficult. It was a big adjustment especially as a 1st time mum. But i am lucky I have a very good support system, my husband journeyed with me through it all, and my family has been very supportive as well.

The life style will change drastically. Having countless sleepless nights and the huge responsibility that we had is totally different when you are not a parent. Every late night out with friends will eventually make me guilty.

Lack of sleep and learning how to read their reactions... But it's a very valuable and meaningful experience for me :)

VIP Member

I feel that it is also learning how to cope, especially for new parents. definitely tougher if babies fall sick etc.

VIP Member

Totally agree with you! I'm a very sleepy person and it's hard to function with little sleep :(

VIP Member

The Anxiety and heavy sense of responsibility weighs heavily on my shoulders in the first year.

VIP Member

Lack of sleep.. cos it has domino effect on your overall day and well-being. Drove me nuts.

Thanks all for sharing! Did it get better with time? If yes, when? :)

Definitely the lack of sleep. Nothing prepares you for that!