dinner at in laws place

Just to rant. MIL food is sometimes a bit ridiculous. Fry fish coated with turmeric powder. She don't know pregnant cannot eat too much turmeric cos it'll cause jaundice? And yet she keep saying must eat this must eat that. What nonsense. Cook Chinese herbal soup. She don't know pregnant cannot anyhow take Chinese herbs? Fry egg the yolk not fully cooked. She don't know pregnant cannot take half cooked food? Fry french fries for dinner and yet keep saying outside food a lot of MSG, French fries no MSG meh?!

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

She did it with good intentions , just lack of knowledge. If your hub can enlighten her, things would be better. My in law made me herbal - guilin gai, something i cant eat cos its too cooling. But when she nag me whenever she sees im drinking coconut water. 😂😂😂 my in law will also bring food that is kept in fridge for days and pass on to me. I cant do anything but jus accept what they give, and throw them off when they leave

Read more
VIP Member

Give an excuse not to go and get hubby to tell her directly? That ll make life in future easier. Poor u !! Fighting!!

VIP Member

omg... that's.... I think I'll just say no appetite..

VIP Member

Try to avoid eating and go to somewhere else to dine

😣 not very considerate or thoughtful are they?

I think try to avoid, say not hungry?

Super Mum

Maybe get your husband to tell her.

I would just say I’m not hungry

Try not to have dinner over there