Aspirins

Any pregnant mums here prescribed aspirins to prevent pre eclampsia? What are the side effects? I have been taking for a week every night and realised for a few days in the day, I get palpitations and breathlessness. Not sure if it is the side effects or because I am pregnant. I am expecting my 3rd and this is the 1st time I am taking aspirin and feeling as such. I am 22 weeks.

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I never took aspirin for my first pregnancy but doctor mentioned I will have to take it for my next pregnancy. For certain cases when you are seen as a high risk case that's a common preventative measure so doctor should know what are the risks and will only prescribe if necessary. I did experience breathlessness and palpitation in my first pregnancy though, so I guess that's just a pregnancy symptom? Do mention it to your gynae to be sure.

Read more
Super Mum

I was prescribed aspirin starting wk16 to prevent pre eclampsia. I don’t have high BP but it was a preventive measure. Have been taking for 3 months now. No side effects for me. You may want to check with ur doc if u are really concern and feeling unwell

I was prescibed aspirin for my pregnancy.. from 1st to the recent 3rd preg. It was bcoz im also having high BP. So far i dont have any symptoms. Apart frm my bp medicines side effects.. drowsiness. Best to check with your doctor for any of ur concerns. Takecare!

3y ago

hi just curious if u have any bleeding

VIP Member

Hi, i took aspirin for my first trimester. After month, dr stopped the prescription as my blood pressure is under control. I do not have any side effect. Maybe its good if you check with your gynae.

Anyone knows anything about this? If aspirin is not safe for babies and children, why is it safe for pregnant women to take Low dose aspirin? Cos the dose that reaches the growing fetus is very Low?

4y ago

Some children do have to take aspirin for certain medical conditions

Super Mum

The major side effects include stomach ulcers and bleeding. It shouldn’t cause breathlessness. Might be good to see a doctor for your symptoms

Super Mum

Better check with Dr. Palpitations and breathlessness isn’t good and cannot wait too long.

Nay I know at how many week should I stop taking aspirin. Currently 29 week

VIP Member

Best to consult your gynaecologist asap...

did the dr prescribe bcos ur bp high?