Gynae advises to take Aspirin throughout Pregnancy

Hi, I went for my routine check during week 10 and the gynae at KKH has advised me to take a dosage of Aspirin from week 11 onsqarda and to last throughout my pregnancy. This really puzzled me as I have no history of high blood pressure and heart issues. The gynae said taking Aspirin during pregnancy is to prevent complications in getting high blood pressure / stroke. Any mommies out there is taking it? I don’t feel comfortable taking it. After all it’s a Medication and I’m afraid of getting side effects.

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was prescribed aspirin after I went for my 1st trimester screening. The aspirin is to prevent /delay pre eclampsia. I also do not have existing high bp and heart issue. Aspirin helps to thin ur blood so that it flows better to the baby. I took it nonetheless and was told to stop at wk36. No problem with it as Long as it’s ur gynae prescribe it

Read more
VIP Member

I took it cos i had history of preeclampsia.. it did help me to control my bp and i didnt had a relapse of pre e for my subsequent pregnancies.. however gynae asked me to stop ard wk 35.. so far so good i had normal births and healthy babies