Pinoy moms and dads, if you had the choice, would you prefer to have kids at a young age (20's) or older (mid 30's and above)?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

I became a mom when I was 20. At first, it was hard for me to really embrace it to the point that I don't post pictures of my child publicly on social media but then motherhood completely changed me. I love that me and my kids have only short age gaps I personally think it's better to have children at 20's granted that the parents to be are financially capable of sustaining the child's life. Emotional and mental readiness are not quite neccesary as it changes along the way when you get the hang of parenting and learn to embrace it's twists and turns.

Magbasa pa

I'm completely happy right now that I had a baby quite early. I had my son at 21 years old and I never regret it because I really wanted to retire at an early age and have 3 kids. There are times that you see your contemporaries having fun, going out, but I realized I'm past that phase and what I have now is purely bliss, not just mere fun. :) I don't also believe that having a baby early will kill your career. Age doesn't define success, it's the lack of perseverance that does.

Magbasa pa

When I was younger, I dreamed of having kids as early as possible so we can have a 'barkada' kind of relationship. I had my first born when I was 30 years old and now, I'm very happy with how I am with my kids. I still get to be a cool mom, I believe. :)

I prefer to have kids at an older age. I had my first kid at 30 and i know i am ready to leave the easy life of being single and ready to take on the many challenges of being a parent.

I had my baby at 30. It was God's perfect timing because my husband and I already have a stable job and we're more mature (I believe haha) now.

Mid 20s (25 or 26) then my last kid will be at 30yo. So that my kids will be done with college before I retire.

VIP Member

Mid 20's so that my kids and I wont have a very long age gap. Tipong kabarkada mo lang sila pag laki nila.

As long as you're ready, but its better to have at 20's. :)