Pinoy moms and dads, until when (what age of child) do you plan to co-sleep with your baby/toddler/kid?

72 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

By co-sleeping do you mean same bed or same room pero naka crib sya? Both are considered co-sleeping kasi. In our case, nasa crib sya pero sa room namin. Then bonding during the day talaga. So yung body clock nya, alam when it's time for play vs bed. Planning to move her to her own room maybe by 1 yr old (then use a baby monitor). May kaka publish lang na article dito sa TAP how co-sleeping is not the best especially bed sharing. Developmental and safety wise. Accidents are unpredictable so I would rather be on the safe side. Unfortunately, marami kasi satin ang sinasabi hanggat gusto ni baby pero the truth is self satisfaction din natin yun. Kasi kung nasanay naman sila on their own bed, dadalhin nila to toddler+ years. Plus it gives my husband and I our own cuddle time. Madalas kasi pag may baby na, bumababa prio ni husband which is not good. So yeah, that's our style :)

Magbasa pa

well po bahay namin eh may 3 bed rooms..I already had 10 yrs old daughter she sleeps now in her own room..meanwhile we're waiting and excited for our lil buddy to came out...so ayun may crib sya sa room nmin ng partner ko...ung panganay nmin nakiki co- sleep kung di nauwi si partner...kahit papaano may bed bonding din kami at we do cuddles din..para feel niya love and care ..pay carrie na ni baby boy it depends if mag she share sila ng room ni ate niya eh double bed naman or maybe sleep alone sa kabilang room.

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Hangga't gusto pa kaming katabi ng anak namin. 😊 My mom died when I was 7 years old and since then I've been longing to sleep next to my mom and feel her warmth, her hugs and her kisses. Kaya ako sa future baby ko, as much as I can, as as long as my baby still wants to, I want him/her to feel me and my husband next to him/her. Gusto ko maramdaman nya yung mga yakap at halik namin ng daddy nya hangga't gusto nya. Gusto ko maranasan nya yung hindi ko naranasan nung bata ako. 💖

Magbasa pa

I started co-sleeping since my baby was born. there is no problem with it unless you are excessively tired, drank alcohol, or smoked. co-sleeping will help your baby to develop quickly and also it's a bonding time with your baby because they like your smell and the warmth of your body, it's comforting to them. just make sure to avoid thick blankets, big pillows, or any beddings that would suffocate your baby :)

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Sa case namin, katabi ko ang son (5) at daughter (1) kong matulog, c daddy na ang nag adjust, na sa baba ng kama matulog 😂. But I always told my son na mag separate na xa mag sleep samin if he turns 7 or 8 kasi big boy na sya.. Sa ngayon kasi tinuturuan ko pa xa magpray, nagha heart to heart talk pa kami at konting lambingan before he sleeps to let them feel i love them 🙂

Magbasa pa

I find co-sleeping an added bonding time between a baby and her mom even on sleep. It is convenient for a baby as well to have easy access to her mom's breast should he wants milk. I co-sleep with my one-year-old and will do so until he turns ten yo. Before our baby, I share the bed with my other child, now 10yo. He has his own bed now.

Magbasa pa

I intend to co-sleep my kids until they want to. As a mom, I also want to make sure they are already comfortable and confident to sleep on their own so I will let them decide. It might take more years, but it's totally fine with me. I will wait for them to tell me that they want to have their own rooms already.

Magbasa pa

Honestly, I still haven't got the strength to think about that. Call me sentimental but I really enjoy cosleeping with my baby. Not sure when it will exactly be but maybe I'll be cosleeping with him until he likes it? I don't know, maybe we'll just cross the bridge when we get there :)

We actually don't. Si baby may crib, pero sa room niya he's with his grand parents. Dun kasi ung AC, wala.pang AC ung room namin kasi kaya di namin siya malagay. Mas safe dn ksi kng may sarli silang pwsto. Also naniniwala kami na it will help him not to be dependent too much samin.

We have been co-sleeping since the day they were born. My eldest is 3.5 years old and he still sleeps while breastfeeding. I know that this co-sleeping will last longer than what I thought. And I'm loving it! I can't even sleep a night without my babies beside me.