Parents, what do you think is the most important thing that your child needs to hear form you?

49 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Ruby, I felt that teaching the right values to children are very important. Therefore they can be a better person in value and not just focusing on academic. These are the few areas that I focusing on: Honesty - encourage the kids to speak the truth even when they made a mistake. Try to react sensibly when they are explaining to us. - Determination Encourage children to take on a Challenge and never give up easily. - Consideration Teach children to think about others' feelings. It is always good to make another person smile or happy -Love Be generous to love others so that her environment will always filled with love and affection

Read more
VIP Member

As kids, our biggest motivation to do any task were words of encouragement. It still probably stands to be the most important. The other thing parents must include in their conversation of their kids is to express their love for their kids. Your children would also love to hear the following: - I love you because... - I love spending time with you - Your are beautiful and special - If you ever get into trouble, I will be there for you - You can share anything with me, I will support you

Read more

Letting your child know that you love him or her is the most important in my opinion, as clichéd as it sounds. I know love is often implied in family settings and we take the whole expressing love to our family forgranted sometimes. But saying "I love you" to a child will only impact the child in positive ways. So yes, tell your child you love him or her everyday, no matter what. Sowing feelings of love early builds self-esteem and will nurture the child to be loving, in turn.

Read more

Agree with answers given by other parents. Also, a child would love to hear that you are there for them and they can come to you with anything. Many a times, a child feels shy, has fear and various other emotions that prevent them from sharing troubling issues like bullying, bad touch etc. But if they know you got their back, many of these issues can be nipped in the bud just by sharing with you. This will make them more positive and more open to sharing in future.

Read more

I would say encouragement as not only does it provide attention but also contributes to steering your child in the right direction. Children are very attention seeking especially when it comes to their parents. When praising them, they will naturally do it a few more times to gain your approval. So why not kill two birds with one stone and start encouraging your child today? :-)

Read more

There are some consistent things that children not only want, but need to hear from their parents. Words are powerful and here are some examples - I love you - I am proud of you - I believe in you - I am sorry - You are the best - Compliment because of quality of their work - Compliment cause of the effort, even when the result is not the best Like

Read more

Parents should be the number 1 in everything for our kids. At their young age, they always need to hear and be assured that they are loved and that they have a family to protect them no matter what happens. I believe love is still the basic foundation among family members, most especially when raising children.

Read more
VIP Member

For me there are 2 important things that need to be heard by your children. First is "i love you", second and also the most important thing is "truth", your children need to know the truth and the reason. You don't want to raise your children in lies, do you? Bitter truth is always better than white lies

Read more

I think it will be I love you my child. I try my best to say this to my daugther a few times daily. In the past my parents are quite conservative in expressing love to me and made me confused. Thus, I will continue to tell my kids how much I love them and care about them even after they have grown up.

Read more

If I could only choose one thing, I would think it’s affirmation. Affirmation of their effort when they try to do something. Affirmation of your love for them. Affirmation of their love for you. I believe this will help bring up a secure, confident, and emotionally stable child. :)

Read more