freezing baby food

Is it ok to freeze carrot or brocolli puree? How abt sweet potato puree?

24 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, all those that you mentioned can be froze. There are a lot of food that can be frozen and in fact freezing it can help lock in the nutrients in it till you defrost and use it. Just ensure that you use a lid to cover them in the freezer and use it within a month. Be sure to heat it up evenly before you feed it to baby.

Read more
TapFluencer

Online research did mention its OK but I don't freeze it as I feel since adult cannot take reheat food it's not good not to mention baby. So I guess it depend on individual. I prefer to give my baby freshly cooked food.

D9nt wotry, freezing for a couple of days is fine. As long as you dont defrost and put them back to refreeze. I would say frrezing vegetables or fruits would be alright.

VIP Member

yes you can freeze them! No worries about it! i am actually envious of mummies who do frozen puréed vegetables. my inlaws were strictly against frozen food

7y ago

Oh ya I know what you mean le

VIP Member

Its definitely ok to freeze them! Not everybody have the luxury of preparing fresh foods everyday! Especially in Singapore!

Yup. All can be frozen. I freezed mine too. Sometimes I don't have time to make so I prep in advance

since we are freezing BM, should n't be a problem, but I prepared the fresh ones tho

Yes no problem with freezing all 3. I've tried freezing all of them

8y ago

thank u! as i read abt nitrates..make me worry..

VIP Member

Yah I have freezed carrot and sweet potato. No issues

VIP Member

Yup Go ahead and freeze them and enjoy weeks later :)