I've tried making potato puree & potato+carrot puree. Both turns out to be very sticky and i think its quite difficult to eat it. Is it suppose to be that sticky?

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi mommy, here's a potato and carrot puree recipe I found online that does not seem to yield a sticky consistency. Perhaps you can give this a try? Also, I find that baking the potato before mashing it instead of boiling usually yields a more "solid" and robust consistency. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjAG7IgfXKA

Read more
8y ago

thank u :) i actually steam then blend it.. maybe that is why it is sticky?

Yes dear, please add some bm or fm milk to get the liquid consistency you want. Potato is starch naturally stickier and i wouldnt blended but rather mash the potato, you can also mash carrots. I used to have a baby steam blender, but now i prefer the food processor on the go. Cheaper and easier. Hahaha

Read more

potato puree usually turns sticky because it's starch. there are also different types of potato to use for different purposes (mash, bake, curry etc). For mash you will need to use russets which is the small golden colour one. Don't buy the dirty brown potato because it's not meant for mash :)

Add milk to it. Yes if you don't add any liquid to it it will be sticky. Hence many recipes call for potatoes to be mashed instead of blending