I understand that baby below 1 years old cannot take honey. But how about honey sweet potato that is meant to make puree or mox with porridge? Thank u

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Wild honey may contain spores of Clostridium botulinum (a type of bacteria) which can grow in the gut of our babies and secrete a toxin known as botulin. This can cause them to be very ill or even death if untreated. Yuna is right, sweet potato is sweet on its own. You can also try giving pumpkin :)

Do you mean the sweet potato is cooked with honey before being pureed? In my opinion, sweet potatoes are sweet enough without the need to add honey. I'd skip the honey for now just to be on the safe side. I read that honey, even thought it's cooked, can be quite dangerous to baby.

It's just a name they gave to the sweet potato. Trying to indicate that the sweet potato is really sweet. It doesn't actually have any honey at all. Just like how honey pineapple is just sweet pineapple.

My husband bought it from Giant supermarket. And the name of the sweet potato is Honey Sweet Potato

It looks like this

Post reply image
8y ago

thank u!