Anyone got better ideas. This is for my 6month old baby. Monday Wednesday Friday n Sunday -bfast : cereal -lunch: carrot puree -dinner: potato puree Tuesday Thursday n Saturday -bfast : cereal -lunch: peas puree -dinner: pumpkin ***and of cozz in between i feed milk Is it ok. Please advice...

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

If you are just introducing solids at the beginning stage, i will recommend you to try with cereal for 1 feed. You may give small portion of puree as snacks but not as a meal. Your baby's tummy is still adjusting to different food, it may cause indigestion. Do it gradually and your baby will grow happy and healthy! Nevertheless, good work in introducing solids!

Read more
8y ago

hi cindy. u r telling me that breakfast lunch n dinner i give cereal . n ard tea break i give abit puree??. . pls advice . thnx

VIP Member

Initially baby just need 1 feed a day. Can do 3 feed around month 7. You can also try avocado, spinach, sweet potato, sweet corn. Try not to introduce fruits till around month 7 as its sweet so confirm baby will like. Also with the cereal pls make sure it is iron fortified. I am using Bellamy rice cereal

Read more
8y ago

hi mummy, I'm planning on starting avocado for my 4months old, is it okay? or should I try something else?

as for me is better for you to make ur own baby's meal...blend those rice and cook it..blend with some chicken or fish meats...each day try a different menu...can add carrots,spinach blend it all..more healthier then giving cereal( nesturm) coz it contains sugar...

I like to go to http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/ for food recipes. They have a lot of varieties for different stage too. Or you can download some baby food recipes apps from the apple appstore, They have sample menu too :)

feed milk first before offering solids!