Can A 3 Month Old Take Grab With Car seat?

Just now when I took Grab the driver told me babies under 1 year old cannot take private hired vehicles ie Grab, must take normal taxi. I never heard of such law, I thought as long as we have a car seat it's OK to take grab. Is there really such a law?

27 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

if u provide ur own car seat then i think grab shouldnt be a problem. but if u dont have a car seat then u can only book for normal taxi. thats what happen to me, uncle told me nicely that grab private cars are not allowed to fetch babies below one.

VIP Member

As long I bring 2 kids out, taxi is the safest. As it’s up to individuals driver whether to risk or nt. As it’s not their car seat even if u bring 1.

3mo would require your own baby car seat, don't think Grab car seats are suitable for babies, the mifold used are for 4yo and above to my knowledge

Yes there is such a law, if not the driver will kana. So if you are unsure, please always highlight to drivers that you have a baby with you

Post reply image
TapFluencer

as long as you have car seat it's ok. I always book gojek and inform I have a baby. they are so much nicer than grab driver.

Yes you can't take normal grab or even hitch. Can check out online their policies. Only normal standard taxi or grab family.

5y ago

From what I know cannot take. Cant rmb where the info I read was from.

Super Mum

As long as you have a car seat, it's OK to take grab. I took grab with a car seat before, many times. No issue.

VIP Member

FYI, clarified before with grab as long as you bring your own car seat then it is fine.

Post reply image
VIP Member

As long as you or the driver have a baby seat should be fine.