Namamalo ba kayo moms and dads? What punishment did you experience when you were a kid (ex. pagluhod sa asin)? Was it an effective way of disciplining kids?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply

Naku I can still remember the times na lumapat sa mga thighs ko yung sinturon ng papa ko and ang mga kurot ni mama sa tagiliran. All the three of us experienced it but the bunso did not. I dunno if I'm correct to directly relate it to how the 3 of us became when we got older like we tend to be mindful of the consequences of our actions and we are more responsible to our actions esp towards our parents. Unlike our youngest who became more misbehaved and talks back to our parents. Probably because only her doesn't know the pain whenever you do something bad thus makes her less guilty. Having said, I can see myself doing the same thing to my daughter. Not that I'd want her to feel the same pain but if the situation would really call for me to lift a finger on her I'll probably spank her too and do a talk after. And this i think would only happen when she gets older and can already understand my words. We may both read on on this article which explains spanking guidelines: https://ph.theasianparent.com/guidelines-to-spanking-your-childs-bum/

Magbasa pa

Naranasan ko di mapalo ng sinturon at balat na tsinelas sa pwet pati na din pagluhod. Masakit sya.. as in at eto yung tumatak sa isip pro natuto naman ako. According sa study yung pamamalo eh corporal punishment na maituturing at its a no, no na din. Lalo lang raw titigas ang ulo ng mga bata. Guys pwede tayong kasuhan dahil meron tayong Anti-Corporal Punishment Act of 2008. Kung hindi maiwasan at palong-palo ka na eh give youself a minute take a deep breath then smile. Mahirap talagang maging parents lalo na sa pag didisplina kasi kung anung magiging kahihitnatnan nila eh we are part of it. Don't worry kasi may kapartner tayo anjan si God, pray lang.

Magbasa pa

Right now simula ning naging magulang ako never kong nagawang paloin ang mga anak ko . Cguro yun yung ayaw kong maranasan nila like what i have experience before . My dad use to punish me like palo sa pwet . The worst thing that he did is he put me in a rice sack then tinali nya that was im around 6-7 years old . I couldn't forget that moment really its sometimes teach me lessons also . I think its also effective in a way that it made me a better person and im thankful to that to may dad . I think there are better ways also in disciplining kids like pagsabihan sila pag silay nagkakamali pero wag naman sa puntong sasaktan natin sila .

Magbasa pa

I plan not to do corporal punishment and I hope God helps me with it. It's really challenging for us, parents, and let's face it. We're just human that sometimes get things up to our nerves. But our kids are human too and they make mistakes. While the older gen believes that kamay na bakal is an effective way in disciplining a child, studies say suggest not. It only creates a fear and insecurity bubble among kids which can scar them for life.

Magbasa pa
VIP Member

Definitely won't do it to my future kids! But yes, I received punishments before in different forms--standing in a corner for maybe an hour (which felt like forever); beaten using my dad's belt or one of the hangers my mom used while doing chores at home. I guess generation takes a big part of the way parents punish kids. It helped me be more disciplined but it also created fear, so I won't do the same to my kids.

Magbasa pa

Yes we believe in using the rod. When i was a kid, the worst punishment i had is luhod sa monggo. No it's not effective at all. Ang naalala ko lang yung pain. That's why its always a must to talk to the kids after giving them a rod para purposeful yung palo hindi pain lang.

Lahat ng parusa natikman ko nung bata ako and it helped me na maging mabuting tao, may disiplina at takot sa batas. Pero tingin ko no need mamalo para maging mabuti ang isang bata. Hindi ko papaluin yung anak, papaulanan ko lang ng paalala at pagmamahal hehe.

We still haven't decided if we will use rod or not (been reading a lot about positive parenting lately), but if ever we'll use a rod, may kasamang processing bakit siya pinalo and mahal namin siya etc. Hindi yung basta palo lang tulad nung bata ako.