Bottle Type For Babies

Hi mummy, any feedback for feeding bottle? Is it adviseable to trial and error with baby or just buy a whole lot and those containers for milk storage. I'm looking at hegan bottles mainly cause its a clip function no need to screw the caps on. Do feedback if it's good for new born. Thank you :)

13 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

I bought 6 Dr Brown bottles & the Hegen bottles set before hearing about babies rejecting certain bottle tits. Thankfully my baby is ok with both of it (including direct latch)... I love the Hegen ones particularly because:- 1. Easy to clean 2. Easy to cap on 3.Can use as storage containers once baby takes solid food 4. The cover can be changed and also used as water bottle in the future

Read more

Its more trial and error. Hegen bottles are good. Prolly u can get one to try and if ur baby is okay, then u can try get more. However, what is recommended is, if u intend to breastfeed baby, try avoid bottle feeling for the first 4 to 6 weeks to avoid nipple confusion(if u were to direct latch). Then slowly introduce the bottle but pace feeding. U can read up on nipple confusion.

Read more
Super Mum

Depends on the baby. If you're lucky your baby can take any bottle then just go for cheapest / most convenient one :). If baby is prone to colic go for bottles with anti-colic feature. If baby rejects the bottle try those teats that mimic real nipples

I bought 6 Philips avent ones at 1 shot before I read that maybe should trial n error! luckily baby didn’t reject them! Been using this brand since!

It’s always trial and error. I fed him using avent and in the end he still prefer Pigeon

Trial and error cos every baby may take different liking to different types of bottle

Super Mum

Try and error! My baby doesn't like Advent but instead prefer Pigeon!

VIP Member

Most of us will trial and error before settling with Philips Avent

VIP Member

Trial and error with pigeon n avent. Final settled with avent

VIP Member

Trial n error n finally settled for Avent