Supplements

Hi mummies, what supplement does your gynae recommend for you? Mind sharing the brands and type? Thank you!

22 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was given folic acid during my 1st trimester. I also took daily prenatal vitamins (brand is New Obimin) and prenatal fish oil capsules (cannot remember brand but was available only at the hospital). As I also had aversion to milk, my gynae gave me calcium supplements. Best to ask your gynae for recommendations.

Read more
VIP Member

Folic acid supplements for the first trimester. 2nd trimester onwards prescribes Merck brand calcium supplements, Similac Pramilet Brand multi-vitamins and Smart DHA fish oil.

I was prescribed new obimin multivitamin, natal care plus fish oil, and now in my 3rd trimesterster doc prescribed me with an additional iron tablets called sangobion.

My gynae told me to just take blackmores pregnancy and breastfeeding tablets and that’s all I take. Fuss free and easy, just 2 tablets a day :)

Is there a need to buy all supplement the doctor is giving you? It's more expensive buying from them than buying it outside. Any thoughts?

4y ago

I agree, it's much cheaper getting from the pharmacy with dr's prescription bthan getting them outside

TapFluencer

I was recommendwd folic acid during first trim. Now 2nd trim he ask me too take fish oil and multivitamins. All brands should work the same

1st trimester I was told to take folic acid, then 2nd trimester onwards multivitamins, I took Blackmores since it contained fish oil

Im taking 4, belvea fish oil, Calvit, ferrous sulfate multicare and mosvit elite multi vitamins

1st tri only folic. Then 2nd tri onwards is calcium tablet, multivitamin tablet and fish oil

Folic acid & multivitamin initially, followed by fish oil & multivitamin.