Bf or express milk

Hi mummies! I am currently breastfeeding 5 times and pump 2 times in a day..should I do exclusive pumping to increase bm supply instead of breastfeeding so much?

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

No need:) direct latching has lots of benefits too. And if baby sucks well, baby can clear out all the breastmilk better, telling your body that you need to make more milk. I noticed that when baby sucks directly, I also have a lot more frequent let down reflexes during the feeding session. Baby’s also very happy to bond that way. Don’t worry. The milk will come. Keep latching and pumping:)

Read more
VIP Member

To build supply, direct latching is the best! It removes milk more effectively than pumping. Just breastfeed baby on demand and after that you can pump to let your body know that it needs more milk.

Hey, Direct latching is the best way to increase breastmilk supply. it also prepares the body accordingly to increase the supply

VIP Member

I think both is fine. Just see which works better for you. It’s already such hard work, 👍🏻

VIP Member

Power pump and pump as frequent as possible. But direct latch is the best way

VIP Member

You can pump out the excess bm after breastfeed your baby.

Super Mum

Ppl usually direct latch. I pump out as husband can help

4y ago

Hihi! Just wondering when husband help with feeding, do u still need to pump out milk?

VIP Member

Direct latch can help to build more supply