Mummies, how do your stop crying when feeling heartpain when seeing lo suffers from illness or any form of pain/torture? My newborn is hospitalized with lung infection. I couldnt help crying whenever i hear her cries or see her being uncomfortable. She has already cried till her voice is hoarse. It pains me alot. To hub, he finds me irritating and ridiculous to cry. What can i do not to cry and be stronger?

17 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Mummy, first of all, big hugs. it is not easy to see small babies in hosp for illness. Remember this, we are connected with baby. Babies feeds off our feeling, however we are feeling, baby will know. you need to be strong for your baby. You need to be positive so baby can fight on! Think positive. Smile when you visit baby. leave smiling. Don't ever cry while leaving. Baby WILL know. Keep the cryings away from baby... my 2nd child was admitted to NICU for breathing issues with tubes and wires connected to him. a senior nurse told me the above... hope it helps

Read more

It’s always heartbroken for mummy comparing to dad when baby is in pain. Maybe you should ask your hubby to be supportive and stop acting like a douche. I cried when the doctor took blood sample of my baby. Every mummy can feel the life pain and mummy will definitely be sad. If a mummy is not sad hearing their baby cry, then maybe there’s something not right.

Read more
VIP Member

It’s totally normal to cry. What’s wrong with crying? Human are emotional, not to mention it’s a mom who see their baby in pain. But what I could say, after crying out, have to think that we must stay strong for the baby. They still need us. All the best, mommy

hi mummy it is ok we are human and we are woman who won't cry when seeing our baby pain or suffer, you aren't alone, don't try to stop it if the more you try the more you will cry, if crying makes you feel better just let it be. Wish your baby recover soon.

VIP Member

It's normal for that kind of reaction. We, mothers feel more when our LO is in pain. We've carried him/her for 9 months long. There's a bonding, the kind of bonds where we can't really describe it.

Omg mommy It's okay to cry. Who wouldn't? Thumbs down to hubby for not being more emphatic. But you know what your little one needs you to be strong for him now. Hang on okay

VIP Member

I think you should let it all out, and not coop up your feelings. Crying does not make you weak. Do try and surround yourself with family and friends, it will make you stronger

VIP Member

I think it is ok to cry. We mummies is more emotional. Best is to comfort your little one and hope your hubby can be more understanding. Hope little one get well soon too.

Why don't try to go home and self care. It's hard but that's a better option. If you keep crying baby can sense your vibes too.

VIP Member

its normal mummy. big hugs to you. think of ur LO. be strong for your LO. hope your LO gets well soon!