Hi mummies, I am feeling upset. My baby girl ( now 5 months plus) prefer my Husband alot. When papa is with her, she won't cry . He can bath , change, feed her she won't cry at all. But when baby is with me, she will cry when I change , feed her etc. :( This is so sad. Papa need to be within her sight or be the one attending to her . She will cry loudly if were me. I try to build bonding between us by talking and playing and feeding but it is so difficult cuz she keep Crying . Btw I am a EBM mum. No latching. Anyone experience this too ? Will they out grown this stage ? From a heartbroken mum.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I exclusively pumped for 10 months since Day 1 (before I stopped breastfeeding), so I can understand how you feel! Sometimes, I really hated my pumps because I was stuck to it and couldn't spend time with my son. I'd say that it's not a "forever" situation, your husband is a hands-on dad so you should be happy to have his help! If you'd like to foster more bonding with you and your daughter, you can try getting your husband to look after her beside you while you pump at home - it could be being on the same bed and singing/talking to her while you pump, get your husband to help just in case she moves or rolls away so she doesn't get hurt :) Also, it's natural for all children to stick to their mother no matter how old they are - my 25 month old is okay with playing with Grandpa and Grandma, but at the end of the day, he still needs me around especially when he's upset or frustrated! It's a natural bond and they also recognise our scent in order to find us (just a fun fact) because their sight isn't very developed until they're about 1 year old or so :)

Read more

Hello there. I am in the same situation as you. My son is also 5 mths old and i am pumping exclusively, fed thru bottled. He tends to be closer with the Daddy. I was upset initially, esp when he cries profusely when i am alone with him but he is fine when left alone with my mum or husband. However, i grew to be thankful esp after i went back to work. My husband usually knocks off earlier than me and i wouldnt need to worry much leaving him with Daddy. Instead of being too mindful that he is closer than daddy, i will try to engage him as much as possible by making funny faces, singing and dancing. He enjoys it, though when given a choice he still chooses Daddy. Anyway i grow to know babies are very adaptable so dont worry.. at each stage it could be different too. 🙂

Read more
7y ago

Thank you for sharing. I just worries that this will continue when they grow up

Go for a walk in Playground will help.. Usually bb stick to mum. Is it because your hubby more hands-on? Your hubby can go out a little and just you and your bb. Bb is okay without the main caregiver as you r familiar to her

7y ago

Yup he is quite hand on and spend more time than me with her. Because I spend my time pumping milk .